Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Little Miss Turns One

Dear Sweet Gracelyn Faith,

 
You turned one on Thursday, September 30 at 8:38 am. I cannot believe it has been a year since God blessed us with you. You are an answered prayer. A gift. A blessing that is unexplainable. My love for you is indescribable.

Over the weekend we celebrated your life with a Cupcake & Ice Cream Parlor Party. Many of your family members and friends joined us as we gave God the glory for your sweet life and choosing us to be your mommy and daddy.

Planning and decorating for your party was such a gift. Planning, making, and preparing each detail was such a joy. To me, God is in the details. I pray that you always see and appreciate the little details, their beauties, in people and this world.
Your ice cream cone cupckaes were a hit. Your cousins Josiah and Tyson loved them.

 A "sweet" party was so fitting for you.



There was a lot of pink used at your party. 
I made a slideshow to play during the party.  It was such a fun way to show your first year. 
I made your birthday banner out of burlap...super easy and fun.  You got very excited when you saw it.  I left it up for several days after your party for you to enjoy.    
You loved your strawberry cake with strawberry icing.
                                     
You helped me make your cake the day before your party. You loved getting your first lick of icing and cake.. 

Gracelyn, you are so loved by so many people.  We all thank God for you. 
Your contagious laugh and a smile light up a room.
It is so difficult to try and sum up a year into words when there are no words to express how wonderful it has been. Our lives are so fulfilled and overflowing with laughter and love. Gracelyn, you bring a joy to us that we never thought we would have. You are so loved. You are so treasured. And we are so thankful for you.
Each night I go into your room while you are sleeping and say a prayer thanking God for giving me another day with you. Each day has been such a gift. One that I look forward to every morning. Thank you, Gracelyn for loving me unconditionally.

May God bless you with many more healthy years.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment