Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Itty Bitty is a Big Girl

It is so hard to believe that Gracelyn Faith turned four months old on the 30th. Without sounding like I’m bragging, even though I am, I must say she is such a smarty. She is very inquisitive and observant and wants to check everything out to see what it is. It is so true what people say about seeing things in a new way. Watching her stare at things with such amazement really does make you look at them in a different light too. Who knew the remote could look so interesting.

She found her feet last week and is totally enjoying them. They are in her mouth most of the time. Being that she is an Itty Bitty, every time she grabs her foot she grabs her clothes that are about two inches too long for her. It is just the cutest thing to watch her wonder where in the world her foot went. I should probably give her a pedicure so her toes are at least a little cleaner when she sucks on them.

I am very proud to announce that Gracelyn Faith is officially in her basinet and sleeping through the night. Go, Gracelyn!! Go, us!! She has slept through the night since about 5 weeks old, but it was only when she was swinging away in her swing. We didn’t think she would ever get out of that swing. I was starting to wonder if she would be taking it to college. Boy did we get use out of that gift! At three months old, we transitioned her to the basinet and she has done so well. It only took her a few nights to realize how great it was to stretch out. We can now just lay her down wide awake and she will fall asleep on her on. It is WONDERFUL!! In the next few weeks I hope to transition her to her crib.

Gracelyn loves to pull the covers over her head when she is going to sleep and sleeping. It makes me crazy and if I were to let the Devil win, it would put pure fear into me. I have decided to stand firm and let God protect her and her breathing. I must admit, it is cute to watch her rub her blankets on her face.

I hope you all have a blessed day!
Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment