Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Happiness in the Small Stuff

Here are a few of the small blessings that I really enjoy and value. Life is about the small blessings in our everyday life. It’s up to us to stop, see and appreciate them for what they are….true blessings.
1. A kiss that comes out of no where
2. A smile from Itty Bitty like I just hung the moon

3. A fire in the fireplace
4. The smell of coffee
5. the taste of coffee
6. an afternoon nap

7. no traffic when you are running late
8. the way Matt smells after he shaves
9. Clean cold sheets
10. Goodnight kisses
11. Back rubs
12. Throwing my arms back and taking a deep breath. I call it “Sucking in the day.”
13. The way carpet feels and looks after you vacuumed
14. The sound of the birds outside my classroom door
15. Love notes like “just hit brew”
16. Not having to get gas for the car
17. The way my dogs love me no matter what

18. Being able to see all the beautiful colors God made
19. A cold can coke
20. Getting in a bed that was made up
21. A hot shower with a new bar of soap
22. Clear fingernail polish
23. The smell of vanilla
24. A decorating magazine
25. Getting a magazine in the mail
26. Netflix
27. Bananas
28. A food jar filled with flowers

29. High speed wireless internet
30. Still getting to watch Little House on the Prairie everyday
31. Apple butter on warm toast
32. A good writing pen
33. Getting to talk with my family on Skype
34. DVR
35. Floss picks
36. Starter logs for the fireplace
37. Hersey’s Carmel coffee creamer
38. Tomatoes sandwiches with lots of salt and pepper
39. Sweet tea
40. A curling iron that heats in about 20 seconds
41. A remote control
42. Walks on a warm spring/fall day with my family

43. Finding different ways to be crafty and frugal
44. Chocolate
45. An ice cream cone

I could go on and on. I would love to hear some of the small things that you’re grateful for.

God bless,
Farah

2 comments:

  1. I am going to do the same thing on my blog, I wish you were here, Eden is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great...I can't wait to read your list. I will be there on Friday!! I can't wait to meet her and eat those cheeks!! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete